Our hard working team is constantly on the lookout for new ideas and programs that get more people involved, inspire philanthropy and power community.
We are a team dedicated to sharing big ideas and visions, innovative strategies and hard work. We love being part of an organization that is creating tangible change.
Select a Team:
Director of Marketing & Strategic Communications
“I care about ensuring the health, safety and security of children and animals.”
Prior to joining Community First Foundation, Kayla served as a marketing and public relations strategist at Denver Health. Previous positions include marketing and communications leadership roles with Rocky Mountain Health Plans and PacifiCare of Nevada.
Kayla earned her master’s degree in Mass Communication at the University of Denver and her bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication at Colorado State University — Pueblo. She is an accredited member of the Public Relations Society of America.
- Arvada Economic Development Association, Retention Committee
- Good News Coalition, Steering Committee
- Institute for Leaders in Development, Communications Chair
- Jeffco Schools Foundation, Hero Awards Nomination Review Committee
- National Philanthropy Day in Colorado, Steering Committee
- The Communications Network, Denver Chapter Founding Member
- Jefferson County Leadership Program, Class of 2016
Senior Communications Specialist
“I care about the environment, the arts, and health.”
Prior to joining the Foundation in 2004, Angela worked in marketing communications for the specialty foods industry. She has experience in brand identity, promotions, event planning and art direction.
Angela received her bachelor’s degree in English from Barnard College at Columbia University in New York City.
- Intercambio Connecting Communities, English teacher, 2016 – present
- Cooking Matters program of Operation Frontline, health class assistant, 2010 – 2015
- Boulder International Film Festival, festival volunteer, various years
- Downtown Boulder Inc., ambassador, summer 2010
- Colorado Shakespeare Festival, former public relations volunteer
- KGNU Radio, former volunteer news writer/announcer
- Colorado Foundations Communicators
“I care about creating innovative pathways for collaborative community development work.”
Prior to joining Community First Foundation in 2016, Samantha served as a Program Director for El Pomar Foundation. Previously, Samantha held public affairs and marketing positions with the Colorado Center on Law and Policy and Kadi Energy Company.
Samantha earned her bachelor’s degree in Political Science at Colorado College in Colorado Springs.
- Colorado Refugee ESL Program, in-home tutor, 2016-present
- Pikes Peak Justice and Peace Commission, board member, 2014-2016
- Colorado College, board member, 2012-2013
- Amnesty International, member and former chapter leader, 2006-present
Meeting Space Administrator
“I care about sustainability, clean water and food for all.”
As the Foundation’s Community Meeting Space Administrator, Valerie is accountable for day-to-day operations of the organization’s public meeting space.
Prior to joining the Foundation in 2015, Valerie worked as an office administrator at Gill Foundation. Before that time she served as a development associate at Up With People.
Valerie studied dramatic theater at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts.