President and CEO
“I care about community—its power to bring out the best in us, individually and collectively, and to draw strength from our differences as well as what we share.”
Marla has served as president and CEO of Community First Foundation since 2010. Formerly she was a partner with the law firm of Holme Roberts & Owen LLP (now Bryan Cave), and also served as president and CEO of The Women’s Foundation of Colorado.
She earned her J.D. from Harvard Law School and her A.B. from Indiana University. She grew up in Indiana and has been a proud citizen of Colorado since 1980.
- Colorado Association of Funders, Director and past Board Chair
- Women’s Forum of Colorado, Member and past President
- SCL Health System, Director and Audit and Investment Committee member
- Sturm Financial Group, Director and Audit Committee Member
- The Women’s Foundation of Colorado, Honorary Trustee
- Colorado and Denver Bar Associations, Member and past Board of Governors
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association, Member and past President
Marla is the recipient of the Mary Lathrop Award (the highest honor bestowed by the Women’s Bar Association). She has also been honored by the Girl Scouts of Colorado as a Woman of Distinction and named Woman of the Year by the Colorado Business and Professional Women’s Association (now Colorado Business Women).