Elycia joined the Board of Directors at Community First Foundation in January 2017 after serving on the Foundation’s Community Impact Committee that oversees its grantmaking. She currently serves on the Business Development & Community Engagement Committee and Colorado Gives Subcommittee. She is the Chief Executive Officer of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Colorado (March 2021). Previously, Elycia served as the Executive Director of FRIENDS FIRST, a nonprofit that mentors teens to make positive life choices and develop healthy relationships.
Elycia has more than ten years of experience working with positive youth development programs in the nonprofit sector, managing multiple federal, local and state grants and million-dollar budgets. Her diverse employment history also includes strategic planning, business development, sales, corporate training, teaching, event planning and cross-cultural relations in the business sector.
Elycia received her Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration and Marketing from Wayne State University. She lived and worked in Japan for more than eight years.
- Cherry Creek STARS Mentoring Program, founder, 2009 – 2015
- Jack and Jill Incorporated South Suburban Chapter, member, 2013 – present
- Mentor Colorado, committee member, 2014 – present; conference committee member, 2016
- My Brother’s Keeper, City and County of Denver Office of Children’s Affairs, 2015 – present
- Colorado Christian Fellowship Children’s Ministry, leader, 2012 – 2014