Joy joined the Board of Directors at Community First Foundation in January 2017 after serving on the Core 40 Leadership Group for the Foundation’s Innovators Society, a program accelerating new solutions for mental wellness. She brings expertise in business and experience as a community volunteer and philanthropist. She currently serves as the Board Secretary, Chair of the Community Impact Committee, and as a member of the Business Development & Community Engagement Committee and Impact Investment Joint Subcommittee.
Joy’s philanthropic efforts have focused on children and women’s healthcare, educational reform and personal self-sufficiency. She is a current trustee of The Madeira School where she chairs the Strategic Planning and Investment Committee. Joy served on the Executive Committee of Children’s Colorado Hospital and chairs its community and economic benefits committee focusing on population health and health disparities.
Previously, Joy worked in the U.S. Senate and later as a lobbyist in her hometown of Washington, DC. She enjoyed a successful career as an institutional trader on Wall Street as vice president of the New York financial firm of Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette.
Joy received her Bachelor of Arts in International Relations /Political Science from Colgate University and a Master of Business Administration at The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
- Children’s Colorado Hospital, board and committee member, 2003 – present
- Colorado Children’s Campaign, board member, 2010 – 2016
- Children’s Colorado Foundation, past chair and other roles, 1999 – 2012
- The Madeira School, Trustee, 2017 – present. Chair, Strategic Planning and Investment Committee
- Constellation Philanthropy, investment committee member, 2016
- Denver Art Museum Foundation, investment committee member, 2004 – 2014
- The Denver Foundation, human services committee and investment committee member, 2004 – 2013
- Children’s Colorado Foundation, board member, 1999 – 2012
- Get Smart Schools (Now Catalyst), founding board member and chair, 2008 – 2012
- Rose Community Foundation, child and family development committee member, 2005 – 2011
- The Women’s Foundation, board, committee member and chair, 1999 – 2006
- Urban Peak, board member, 2003 – 2006