Shelly joined the Board of Directors at Community First Foundation in January 2016. She currently serves on the Executive Committee as Board vice chair, chair of the Audit & Compliance Committee, and member of the Community Impact Committee.
Shelly is the President at Mercy Housing Mountain Plains, creating affordable housing and helping residents with supportive services. Her previous work includes her role as Senior Vice President and Community Relations Senior Manager at Wells Fargo, with 37 years of experience in financial services. She was with Wells Fargo for more than 27 years, and managed the Community Relations teams across 13 states. Marquez and her team were responsible for community outreach, stakeholder engagement, charitable contributions and reputation activities.
In 2012, Shelly received an Outstanding Women in Business award from the Denver Business Journal.
- Housing Colorado, Board Member
- Asset Funders Network, Board Member
- National Association for Latino Community Asset Builders (NALCAB), board member
- Cities for Financial Empowerment Fund, Bank On Advisory Board
- Habitat for Humanity Metro Denver, past Board President
- Mile High Community Loan Fund, past Board President
- Colorado Enterprise Fund, past Board President
- City and County of Denver, Housing Task Force
- Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas, Community Development Advisory Council, past advisory member